Forum Forums Mexico Timesharing Car rental

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    easyrider

I was looking at car rental rates in PV and eventually looked at Budget. I have rented from this location in the past. The cars are not as nice as Avis but they are nice enough. The price for three weeks this next winter was a surprisingly low $23.91 for an intermediate.

This happened a couple of years ago where I picked up an intermediate for two weeks for about $60.

The third party liability is included in the rate. My Amex covers the car. I do have a reservation with Hertz as well. It is $360 for an intermediate for the three weeks. Third party liability is included in this rate and my Amex covers the car.

It really seems like a Budget car online error but I have the reservation.

Bill

oldbuyer

Bill, we know how this is going to end.
    Lo Siento mucho Senor at Avis then you walk over to Hertz.
    Please update us on their excuse at Avis.
    Too go to be true means it isn’t.
    $360 for 3 weeks is a smoking deal.

PigsDad

Yeah, I would definitely hold on to the Hertz reservation! Would love to hear what the “real” price of that Budget rental ends up being.

Kurt

easyrider

Yes, I am hanging on to the Hertz reservation. Budget did let me have an intermediate car for about $60 all in a few years back at this same location. They did try to sell me insurance but I declined and showed them their policy. My brother in law did the same. Unbelievable price for three weeks.

This morning auto slash found me a better deal for our Maui trip. About $380 for an intermediate with extra driver for two weeks. I must be having good car karma this week.

Bill

echino

These extremely low priced car rentals in Mexico are sometimes really possible, if you decline all extra insurance and your credit card approves a pre-authorization for up to a full retail value of the car, that can be tens of thousands of dollars.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top