Forum Forums Exchanging Timeshares Is there a time of year where a large number of RCI weeks are deposited?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Pete Buckler

I deposited 231k points into RCI late last year. My grandparents gifted me their two wyndham contracts and didn’t know they had so many points leftover. I’ve been searching off and on since then for an exchange vacation but haven’t found something that fits what i’m looking for. So, I’ve began wondering if there is a time of year where there are a good number of RCI weeks deposited? Or is is steady all year long?

Lisa P

Some large companies – like Wyndham, Hilton(HGVC), Bluegreen, etc. – make bulk deposits every couple months but otherwise it’s pretty steady year round. When you do spot checks online, you’re only looking at the leftovers, the stuff no one else has placed an ongoing search (OGS) request for. If you want prime season or prime locations, place an OGS request as far ahead of time as possible. Your OGS will be in a queue behind others who entered their request before you did. Include all the dates and resort IDs that would definitely work for you. With your Wyndham points, you’ll have a day or two to confirm or release anything that matches. You will pay an exchange fee but if no match results, you may request a refund. OGS is the way to go!

hudshut

I agree with Lisa P. You must set up an ongoing search.
    What areas and what time of year are you looking to travel? TUGgers may be able to give you an idea of which resorts are likely to have inventory.

Pete Buckler

We are a flexible on the location but the check in timeframe would be right after my kids get out of school May 20th-Jun 1

With an on going search, what are the requirements? How long does it search? When it finds something does it have to match the dates exactly? I appreciate the info as I don’t know anything about it other than I’ve seen it on the RCI site.

Pete Buckler

On the location, we are flexible but would prefer a beach. We were thinking of a city where our local airports discount airlines have service Tampa, Miami, Destin, Ft Myers,

moonstone

I am not sure if you can set up an ongoing search with RCI Points. You can try calling RCI and see if a rep can answer your questions. If there is a long hold time you can also try the online chat, I usually have better luck with that. I have done an ongoing search with our Week, but never with our Points. When setting up a search in the weeks account I believe (& its been years since I did one) you can choose to match exact dates or within a timeframe. You can also request 1 resort or a few or an area. Of course the further out from your check-in date you start searching the better luck you will have. RCI will email or phone you when the computer system finds a match and if it isn’t to your satisfaction you can turn it down. I’m not sure how many times you can do that.

~Diane

hudshut

PeteBuckler has Wyndham points deposited into RCI; he is searching in RCI weeks, so he can set up an ongoing search. He just needs to select the resort codes that interest him by looking in the RCI Directory.

@Pete Buckler what area of the country do you live in? What beaches are near you?

The ongoing search is active until about 15 days before check-in. It will match the exact check-in dates you specify.

tschwa2

There are 3 main types of deposits into RCI. RCI points owners deposits that auto deposit at 12 months and become available for those with access to general points inventory at 10 months prior to check in. You can’t do searches for this inventory. If you only have access to rci weeks, you won’t see these.

The second type is owner weeks deposits. This can be anytime from 2 years prior to check in up to about 2 weeks before check in. Most resorts require owners to prepay MF’s so there are probably more deposits November-January.

The third is developer deposits. Most bulk deposit. Most either deposit 3-4 months of inventory every couple of months or deposit 1 or 2 times a year up to 14 months of deposits.

silentg

I always deposit after I pay maintenance fees. So that would be in December.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top